I went to a one hour presentation at my young adults with cancer group. I'm now a believer. This guy was previously a high school science teacher so he comes at it with a scientific mind and explained why different things get a mind/body response. This presentation was about techniques so it wasn't just sitting there breathing. We did the hippy dippy stuff like chakras but also pain management, focus, and rhythmic breathing. It was very interesting to hear about the body's stress levels and responses with each exercise. Even after just an hour, I was so relaxed.
Yesterday I had a cup of coffee and a coke. Last night, I didn't take any sleep aids and cut my xanax in half. I did the techniques before going to bed and was asleep within an hour. I know that doesn't sound like much but it's a huge accomplishment without my medications. Usually it takes hours even with the meds sometimes. I wish I could attend his classes but they're at 11am on Thursdays which isn't really possible.
Anyway, no new medical news. I'm just hopeful this will help me sleep better!
No comments:
Post a Comment