Sunday, October 5, 2014

Love, Comfort and Safety

I've been doing meditation daily through my headspace app. It's been extremely helpful. I'm less anxious, more calm and patient with the kids and sleeping better. Right now I'm making my way through the "appreciation pack" that has 10 minute guided meditation that focuses on how to appreciate what you have in your life. It's more than just listing what you are thankful for. It's more about the emotions behind those things.

After reflecting on my life, I know I'm thankful for so many things. But what it boils down to is love, comfort and safety. I have so many people who care for me, think about me and love me. I have so many people that I love and care for. Those people create a feeling of comfort for me, not only in times of need (which I've had a lot of recently) but also in times of stability. I've been cared for with so much love that it's comforting when I even think of it.

Safety is a little broader. I feel safe talking about anything I need to with Charles, which also provides comfort. I know we will always have a roof under our heads and food to eat. I have a feeling of safety with my job and career. I know our children are generally safe and happy (even if there's a small fear of a school shooting happening). I am currently "no evidence of disease" and I have an excellent medical team should that change.

Overall, I'm very happy these days. I have so much to be thankful. Of course the best time to reflect on that is 1 am. Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment