Monday, October 7, 2013

First day at work

First day back was great. It was a milestone after finishing the treatment. It feels really good to get back to the normal routine and be in an adult (non-medical) environment again. Everyone was really nice and welcoming. I fell back into Revit and CAD more quickly than I expected, which was a pleasant surprise. I was even able to listen to music at the same time, yay!

I'm starting at 30-32 hours a week. I plan to do 6 hours a day, but I might end up going home early on bad sleep days or staying later on days when I feel rested. I'm so fortunate that my office is so willing to be flexible. I'm hoping that once the fatigue goes away, I can get back to 40 hours a week or more. As for now, IF the long term disability gets approved (still don't know yet), I can't work more than 32 hours a week or they'll terminate my claim.

I haven't decided yet if I'll be wearing my wig every day or not. A few people commented on how they like my hair and I came up with a quip on the fly when someone asked if it was mine. I told her "Yes and no. It's mine because I bought it!" She thought that was funny, so I think I'll keep that in my back pocket.

Charles is home from government shut down. He is looking forward to going back to work too. It's nice though to have him take over morning duty getting the kids ready for school. I think Liam is having a hard time with the change of routine, but overall the kids seem to be doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment