Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Unexpectedly sick

I thought side effects should be waning by now but I guess not. I was up spewing in the middle of the night with a headache to boot. I know, pleasant, but I'm being honest here. So I get to go in to the office this afternoon, the office I have an appt scheduled for tomorrow morning, for IV fluids and meds. I hope they can get the vein the first time!
*****************************
Update: I took a 2 hour nap before I went over to the office. There, I had a bag of fluids and IV zofran while I listened to some music and played games on my phone. They got the IV in on the first try. *impressed* I was able to eat a decent dinner, keep it down, help with bedtime for kids, and now just chilling and going to bed early.

PS. I am totally NOT impressed with our current weather. I literally just took the a/c unit out of our bedroom window last weekend and now we're hot again. It's not supposed to get back down to 70's until next week. I have all these great cold weather hats I want to wear! And one that I have no motivation to finish with this hot weather around.

PPS and not related to this post at all: I trimmed down the mohawk. It was barely blue anymore anyway and now that the irritant of the radiation rays are absent, I wanted to give my whole scalp the chance to grow back together. We'll see how it goes. I'm expecting to be wearing hats and the wig through the year til next Summer. By end of March, I will be done with the maintenance chemo cycles and the hair should be able to grow back a little thicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment