Saturday, October 5, 2013

More steroid. Blah.

The symptoms of brain swelling are back. Boo. Of course, I'm out of state this weekend and didn't bring the steroid with me (I thought I was done with it!!) but I was able to get an on call doctor to send a prescription to a local pharmacy. I, naively, assumed that since the radiation was over that the irritation was done and swelling shouldn't be an issue anymore. Wrong. I'm not a doctor so I guess I should listen to them. He tried to have me go back on the steroid Thursday when I told him about the headache coming back but I refused based on the steroid's side effect. Now look where I am, severe headache that doesn't respond to the pain meds and nausea/vomiting again.

Now that I'm back on the steroid, for who knows how long, I hope it kicks in and starts working! I don't want to miss out on even part of my first day back at work to be on a dumb IV for dehydration. I'm keeping up with the anti-nausea meds around the clock and trying to drink more fluids. It's hard though and I haven't been very successful today. I'm also concerned about being able to sleep, insomnia being the worst side effect of the steroid.

Okay. This can be over now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment