I realize I haven't written much later. It's probably better that way. I've been pretty busy getting back into the working mom routine. I've been getting tired out after about 5 hours at work, which is good that I've committed to only 6 hour days. It's worse on nights when I don't sleep well, which is much too frequent. I maybe get 2 nights per week of straight 7 hours. The company is still wonderful about letting me leave early if I need to though.
We've worked out a schedule where Charles works from home Mondays and Tuesdays, so I go in to work earlier than I do the other days and get home early enough to go get the bigs from school, do snack, and cook dinner while he finishes up a full work day from home. Honestly, it's exhausting. I'll get a bad night sleep, get myself ready for work, be there for 5-6.5 hours, come home, get them from school, snack, play (which these two days have just been watching tv since I'm so tired), cook dinner, and help with bedtime. It's like being ON from 6:30am-8pm. Like I said, exhausting.
Then the other 3 days, it's getting up early to get ready before they are up, rush around to do morning routine before school, be at work for 5-6.5 hours, get home and hopefully be able to rest (since he should be home by 4 also), and then help with bedtime routine. At least in that schedule, I get to have a rest late afternoon. In retrospect, it might have been better to have the hard days be at the end of the week...
No comments:
Post a Comment