Friday, August 16, 2013

Meds and Party, but not together!

I've been so busy this week between appointments, errands, and phone calls. It feels like a full time job. I seriously have no idea how I got it all done when I was working. And I'm also seriously grateful I still have the ability to drive.

One of my errands was to Home Depot to pick up a lockbox for my medicines. We have our own private bathroom that the kids don't use, but they still have access to it. Right now, the meds are on top of a set of drawers on the side of the sink (the big counter top side). My kids aren't climbers but if they're really motivated, I'm sure they could get up there. The meds all have the childproof tops, but since Grace opened the bottle of vitamins with a "childproof" lid last night. I know that's no longer a safety net. I'm not too worried about the meds I have up there right now as they're all not life threatening unless they take the whole bottle. I'm mostly worried about the chemo pills. Those will come in the individual packs where you peel back the paper and pop the pill from the aluminum. The nurse suggested popping it into a little cup and swallowing it from there because you shouldn't be handling it with bare skin. Remind me why I want to put this in my body again?

G&L turned 5 last week, but their friend party is this Sunday. They're super excited. I'm still trying to get done cakes, snacks/drinks, and favor bags. It's superheroes and princesses, so I got some green and pink rock candy sticks for the favors so they'll have respectively kryptonite and princess wands in little bags. I thought it was creative.

2 more "sleeps" until their party and 3 more until my first radiation treatment. Still doesn't seem real.

1 comment: