Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Ramblings

I haven't written in a while because I don't really have that much to say right now. We were at the beach for a week and a half. Those of you with young kids know that "vacation" no longer means "restful" so I'm pretty much just trying to get over the exhaustion from that. It's nice to get a full night sleep in my own bed. I'm also running errands like mad before my daily treatments start next Monday and then school starts for the twins the Monday after.

I went for a 1.5 mile "run" this morning that was more like a walk/jog. It was a similar route to the one I did before the surgery that set off my biggest headache. I need to keep working out. "They" say it will help with the fatigue.

I've had my first follow-up MRI yesterday but won't have the report from that until at least early next week. I went to see the chemo oncologist and had a "chemo ed" appointment today to learn all about that. I have 3 scripts now in hand and waiting for the actual chemo meds in the mail in the next week. One of the scripts is for ativan, which I will probably take Monday morning before my first radiation. I will otherwise most likely have a panic attack in the machine, which sounds unpleasant.

My surgery team at Hopkins followed up with me today. That was really nice. They're on top of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment