Treatments are going well so far. I'm able to drive myself to and from the office. They only last like 10 minutes start to finish. I take my chemo pill about an hour before I go and the anti-nausea med an hour before that.
Last night I have my first real bout with the nausea. Every time I laid down, I felt like I had heartburn and nausea together. I took all 3 of the prescription meds I have for that, ate a handful of crackers, and then propped myself up. I was finally able to go to sleep after a little while listening to music. They basically said to treat this like morning sickness (also all day, like during pregnancy), so frequent small meals etc.
I got the official final report from last week's MRI but I have NO idea what it means, so I have to wait until I see the oncologist on Tuesday to figure out what it actually means.
This week has been frustrating for my crocheting. My first hat was way too small, like baby head small. And when I went to unravel it, it got a knot in it and I had to cut it. Then today I started an open weave sun hat. On the 8th start, I finally got it. I knew it might be a little difficult to do this fine motor stuff I used to, but I wasn't expecting a learning curve like this.
Open house tomorrow for the kids to meet their new teacher. I should be able to make it to the end of it. Charles will take them first, the nanny will meet halfway through (since the teacher should know her too), and then I'll be there at the end. I can't believe they start full time on Monday. That reminds me that we forgot to tear off the "Thursday" chain for their countdown.
No comments:
Post a Comment