Wednesday, July 10, 2013

3 Weeks Out

The fatigue is starting to set in. It's not because of my stamina though, it's mostly because I can't sleep!! I try to go to bed early, but end up laying awake until after midnight, even on nights when I don't nap. Then I sleep in late because I can't seem to drag myself out of bed before 8am. Charles is supposed to be going back to work full time for the last few days of this week, but that means I have to be awake with the kids early until our nanny gets here at 9am, which I can't seem to be able to do. What I really need is a full week of 10 hour nights sleep and then I'll be able to get up early again. Wishful thinking, right? And then I have to work my way up to getting up at 6:30am to get myself ready for work before the kids get up at 7. That seems almost impossible right now.

I'm still trying to keep moving physically. I do 15 minute walks at the gym a few times a week. We do outdoor walks almost daily. I play with the kids. I've started lifting Ellie a little bit. And I am starting to help out with cooking and household chores.

I'm keeping my mind moving too. I started a new book and I cracked my EIT/FE book too. That one made me sleepy, maybe I should read that one more before bed time!!

I'm trying to get my medical records switched over to local doctors so I have several appointments locally in the next few weeks. Doctors' offices can be frustrating! I'm able to drive still so I can go to appointments by myself though. I'm still getting tension headaches so I have to visit the neurologist soon, but at least I haven't had a debilitating migraine so far.

We are so thankful for all the help and visitors. Liam has just about had enough. He gets so worn out with people in the house all the time and he's sleeping like a log. The girls are loving it though. More people to pay attention to them and more people for Ellie to ham up.

We're still waiting on the pathology. Hopefully today or tomorrow, although they've been telling us that phrase since July 1rst, so who really knows. It was supposed to be 2 weeks after surgery but today is exactly 3 weeks. Like I said in the last post, it's not as important as it seems though. The course of this isn't going to change based on what we know about it, maybe in the future but not for now.

1 comment: