Friday, July 12, 2013

Pathology pending, call Monday

Seems the surgeon wants to discuss the pathology personally with the pathologist, and then he'll give me a call on Monday. charles will be working from home that day too, which is good. I don't know if that's good or bad news. At least, we'll know by then! I was really hoping we would know today so we could celebrate or weep in our beer this weekend.

In the meantime, I've been switching over to local doctors, which is more than frustrating. One of my physicians wouldn't return my calls for over a week, I was calling and leaving messages every single day. I finally went in to see him today and he tells me one of my current medications makes me *more* prone to seizures!! Needless to say, I've already requested my medical records be sent to another doctor and responsibility for the anti-seizure meds to go there as well. I am not willing to stay with a doctor who doesn't return my calls, especially when it's as important as this.

I did get a script for ambien, so hopefully I'll start to get more rested in the coming week or so. The thunderstorm at 2:30am last night didn't help!

I've been keeping up with my light work out routine. Yesterday I did about 15 minutes of walking on the treadmill at 3.5 mph. That's up from 3.0 mph the last time. I still had the "emergency stop" clip on my shirt though, just in case, since I was the only one in the gym at the time, and I got a cramp in my side after 10 minutes. I am still trying to work back up to where I was before, which is running 2 straight miles at about 6.0 mph. I still have the end of Sept Autism run in Baltimore on my radar, but who knows if I'll be strong enough by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment