For 2 weeks and 1 day, we knew about the diagnosis and upcoming surgery so I was getting my "affairs" in order, lots of legal paperwork and even writing my "just in case this is goodbye" letters and videos to my family. I brooded over what ifs and posted a lot of introspective ramblings.
Then we got through the first few days after the surgery. I was anxious to update the blog myself and keep everyone updated with how it was going. Then we had the follow up with nothing but good news. I'm still having trouble letting myself come down from this (we all are), but I'm sure you've noticed I'm posting less and writing less verbose posts. I'm trying to get myself off my devices, spending time with the family, stay physically moving, onward and upward. Only good things from here, right? We each took a twin to see despicable me 2 today, which was fun.
Obviously, I'm still not sleeping well as it's 11pm right now. Baby has an ear infection, and I don't mean me! And when she sleeps badly, we all do, especially Charles now that I kick him out of the bed to take care of any of them between the hours of 10pm and 8am. It's good to know my mama intuition wasn't affected by the surgery, I was pretty sure it was her ear bothering her.
Anyway, probably posting less often from here on out. I'm sure I can't com up with enough to write about for several posts a day for my whole recovery! How boring would that be anyway? And not just for me ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment