I must be in denial. I still find myself thinking things like "this isn't happening to me."
13 days ago, I was mildly worried about the ct scan from the ER. 9 days ago, the neurologist impressed a sense of urgency for an in depth mri. 3 days ago, immediately following the mri, we were told of my diagnosis. 48 hours after that, I was meeting with the head neurosurgeon at Hopkins. And 5 days from now, I'll be going into surgery.
Everything in my life tells me this is real; my appointments, medical reports, plans, almost every conversation I have. They all say this is real, this is happening. But denial is strong. I'm not sure when it will hit me emotionally. Probably when we start seeing more people face to face... Starting with my parents today.
Denial is understandable, KBB.
ReplyDeleteKnow that many, many, MANY people are thinking of and praying for you and your family right now. If and when reality does sink in, know that you are not alone. There is a deluge of love and support enveloping you. Hugs.
One step at a time. Remember that we have your back.
ReplyDelete