If you had a brain tumor, would you choose to spend your nights with your spouse doing what you normally do (albeit cherishing it more) or would you face the issue head on? Would you avoid the subject to maintain some normalcy? Would you spend most of your time focusing on it?
Obviously, we're having a hard time figuring out our dynamic right now. I think there needs to be a balance of talking about it, keeping a sense of humor, and trying to live like we're supposed to. Now to put it into practice.
Therapy session tonight. I need it.
You have a new "normal" now, and in your new "normal" you do whatever you feel is best in the moment. Granted I haven't been where you are, but I have been in highly emotional situations. The best thing I can tell you, based upon my limited life experience, is to do whatever feel right in the moment. Sometimes you'll need to laugh, cry, sit in silence, etc. Take it one emotion at a time and one moment at a time.
ReplyDeleteIt's the only thing we can do.
ReplyDelete