Sunday, June 30, 2013

On a night like this

{hit play on the playlist on the bottom right of the page to hear the song that titles this post}

C and I have plans to talk tonight. We have our list of questions ready for tomorrow and have to talk about what the plan might be and how we'd deal with it. It could be anything from "the surgery was enough" to "you need chemo and radiation." We won't know until they tell us the definitive diagnosis. Even after that, the follow-up treatment is going to be partially up to us. We could decide to be aggressive to REALLY get this thing gone, or we could be conservative and observe. That might be our hardest decision. Do we be conservative and wait for it to probably grow back? Or be aggressive, possibly sacrifice quality of life now with no guarantees that it won't grow back anyway? The type and stage will probably dictate where we go next and I will not be googling the diagnosis. Dr Google is not my friend. We'll have to learn as much as we can from them at the time which is why we are trying to be prepared with as many questions as we can have. I'm sure they'll answer more as we come up with them, but better to have as many as possible ahead of time.

I am planning to take some soda in the car (for an upset stomach on the long ride) and pain killers ahead of time for getting the staples out. I know it won't be pleasant, but my scalp feels tight so it's time. I'm going to have a hard time not itching it once the staples are out. I already itch it a lot but the presence of the staples keeps me from doing any real damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment