Friday, June 28, 2013

You knew this post was coming

"Not the way you planned it. You didn't mean to happen. It could have been anyone. So stop doing what you started, say goodbye and dearly parted. Come clean when the lines get blurry. Come clean when the dawn gets dirty. Holding your breath when you just want to scream. At some point we all have to, come clean."

Life every day like you have a brain tumor. Come on, you knew this post was coming. One day you're living your life, the best way you know how and the next day, you know you have a brain tumor. Learn from me, don't wait until it happens to cherish your life. Once we knew, it felt like it was too late to get out of everyday what we should have been doing sooner, which is everything. I didn't realize how few pictures I was in until I went looking to print some for the kids for when i was in the hospital. Don't be embarrassed to be IN your family photos. You may not have time to loose that extra little weight or make your skin clearer. Your loved ones want to remember YOU just the way you are. Let them!

As I sit here and think about how our lives could be totally different after the Monday appointment, probably already are totally different, I realize how much we all take things for granted. Don't think it won't happen to you. Something is going to kill all of us eventually. I won't let this tumor be it for me, but I will let it change how I view the world! I know I'll constantly be looking over my shoulder, waiting for the follow-up MRIs with stress, wondering if we have to do this again, or something else worse. Instead of choosing fear, I choose joy. I'll be joyful for every day I'm given and yes, I'll worry about the "what ifs" but you can't let that get in your way. I'm thankful for everything I have, even more than I ever have been. I don't lament the things I don't have. I love every second that I am with my kids. They are joy. Live like you have a brain tumor and you'll never regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment