We have an official date - Wednesday, June 19th. I was told this is an absolute date. Once the surgeon okays the time, the scheduler will call me tomorrow with that as well. Pre-op testing starts tomorrow afternoon. I will have the specialized MRI scan either Tuesday afternoon on the 18th, or Wednesday morning early before the surgery. I have to read up on this more. She said "they put things that look like light sabers on your head to mark the position for how they proceed with the surgery." Sounds awesome and nerdy.
We are shifting all of our "needs" on the calendars one week forward. If you've signed up for something, it may have been moved or deleted. Please check back and consider moving to a date that's convenient for you. Charles added some more dates for "father's helper" times. Someone that signs up for this would play with and take care of the kids while Charles is looking after me. So he would still be near by for questions or if you needed help. There are also some "visit" spaces for someone to come keep me company as well.
We've had so much help and support already. It's times like these that make you realize who truly cares for you. And we are amazingly blessed to have so many people that do.
We also would greatly appreciate gift cards to our local grocery stores (Giant and Target) as well as baby wipes and size 5 diapers. If you have any questions, email Charles. He's the head of our organizing efforts.
A thousand times, THANK YOU!
Katie,... we're lining up our calendars too,... the hotel near Hopkins is reserved, including room for Charles too, when he can't stay with you.
ReplyDeleteAs we get closer, I'm getting a stronger feeling that you'll be one of the lucky ones.
Love
Dad
I'm with your dad, KBB- I have a good feeling that your surgery will go well and you will get an excellent prognosis. XO
ReplyDeleteI Also feel like your prognosis will be excellent. My feelings are usually right. Hang in there! We're pulling for you!
ReplyDeleteOur family has been so amazed at all of the people who are stepping forward with offers of help.
ReplyDeleteFor:
-The co-workers that are donating vacation time
-The many people helping with food preparation,gift cards and money
-The people with medical knowledge that are helping interpret the reports
-The offers of child care and laundry
-The positive stories of people returning to health
-The calls, notes, postings and prayers offered up for us
We cannot THANK YOU enough!
Katie, I'd rather get you gift cards to giant or pay some money toward the fee, peapod. Do you haven acct or anyway I can do that?
ReplyDelete