The kids are having a hard time. Last night at dinner, Grace had a tummy ache but she perked up when we went with me alone to the grocery store. At bedtime, Ellie screamed for 65 minutes after I put her to bed. Screamed! Like someone was murdering her.
Before bed last night, Liam had a heart to heart with me. He sat on my lap, got a pouty lip, and told me he didn't want us to go away. He wants us to be "together like one big family." He doesn't want anything to happen to me and he'll miss me when I'm away. I tried to reassure him, saying things like "We'll be back, I promise." and "5 more sleeps until Grandma, Uncle Saven, and Zoe come to stay with you for sleepovers, then 5 more sleeps until Mommy and Daddy come home. Tomorrow we'll make a calendar to help you count down the days." He is mildly autistic, so he doesn't like to cuddle for so long and his emotional conversations are usually very short. It was the sweetest and most heartbreaking conversation I've ever had.
This weekend, I have a list of things to do for the kids, like printing out pictures, putting together some memory items, and making a video for each of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment