Sunday, June 23, 2013

how do you feel?

that's the question I get the most right now; how do you feel? It's a valid question. I would ask that to someone in my situation if I was on the other side.

so How do I feel? I feel like i'm under water. there's so much fluid in my head.  it's making my forehead swell a little which isn't pleasant the stretchy skin is painful but ice packs help, and I hear gushes around in my ears when I change positions. It's like being on an airplane, I have airplane ears that pop when i hold my breath through my nose. My sinuses behind my eyebrows and cheekbones are constantly popping, which is super annoying. and my incision itches. The meds make me feel drowsy and don't help my grammar, spelling, and punctuation I see all the little red squiggly lines under my words. I'm trying my best though. No needs to feel worried, Benjamin Edelmans (plural on purpose to freak you out). I fall asleep holding things like an individual packet of butter the other day at the hospital, literally fell asleep with my thumb in the butter.

encouraging words and nice meals are helping with the transition home. Comfort food made by friends is way better than hospital food any day.  Charles wants me to have limited "screen time" but at this point, the only things I'm really in control of are when I take naps and communicating with the outside world through phone/computer.

Next big hurdle is going back for 2 week follow-up and to hear the pathology. Could be a long, itchy wait.

1 comment: